Friday 24 April 2009

IPL Day Eight Betting

Well now, I have a confession to make. I’m not actually doing as badly as I thought. Yesterday I erroneously stated that I had backed Dimitri Mascarenhas in Thursday’s top Rajasthan batsman market. It has been pointed out to me that in fact I tipped Yusuf Pathan. Who did indeed top score. Oops! In fact, I had tipped Mascarenhas in a previous article. So a small loss has been converted to a small profit, thanks also to the efforts of Mr Ravi Bopara.

I didn’t see today’s cricket so am unable to comment upon it, other than to say that KP can’t be too much in love with the notion of captaincy right now. Still, he can hand it all over to Jacques in a few days, no doubt to the delight of the portly South African. There you go, mate, see what you can do with that. Bottom of the table. Cheers, KP.

Tomorrow’s first clash is so mouthwatering that it goes beyond mouthwatering and enters the realms of mere unrestrained salivating. Mumbai against Deccan. Both teams have hard-hitting, in-form batsmen, quality bowling and nippy fielding. Neither should be odds against and since there is just a sniff of that around for Deccan, I will take it. And Rohit Sharma looked to be coming into such good form that he is irresistible as top bat for Deccan, whilst Jayasuriya should relish piling into the high Kingsmead bounce.

Chennai versus Kolkata isn’t quite so enticing and the gold-helmeted ones will probably still be reeling from Thursday’s Super Over slump. The match odds look about right but I will be backing MS Dhoni to be top Chennai batsman, purely on price as 6-1 is too high.


Wagers

Deccan to beat Mumbai @ 11-10 (Extrabet)
Rohit Sharma to top score for Deccan @ 4-1 (Various)
Jayasuriya to top score for Mumbai @ 3-1 (Various)
MS Dhoni to top score for Chennai @ 6-1 (Stan James)


Running Total: + 4.45 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment